- Acoustic-electric guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic
- Ambience knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection
- Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage
- BOSS five-year warranty
Bring Your Acoustic’s Natural Sound to the Stage
The tone of an acoustic guitar is created by the complex interaction of sounds from its body, top, strings, and other elements. And as you play with varying techniques, dynamics, and more, this interaction constantly evolves to create the rich, woody sound we love. Unfortunately, the standard undersaddle piezo pickups installed on most stage guitars simply can’t reproduce this resonant complexity. The AD-2’s Acoustic Resonance effect solves this issue by analyzing the input signal as you play, and then employing advanced processing to beautifully recreate your guitar’s naturally evolving tone. Twisting the one-knob control adjusts multiple parameters inside the AD-2 to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style, from delicate fingerpicking to intense strumming.
Enhance Your Guitar with Pro-Quality Reverb
After using Acoustic Resonance to bring back your guitar’s natural, intimate tone, adding some further depth and dimension with a little reverb makes it that much better. With the AD-2’s Ambience effect, you can dial in studio-quality reverb for any performing environment. Unlike standard reverbs that can cloud an acoustic guitar’s sound, the optimized BOSS algorithms in the AD-2 produce lush, deep ambience that perfectly complements your instrument’s voice. Like the Acoustic Resonance effect, a simple one-knob control tweaks many interlocked parameters under the hood, giving you access to a wide range of detailed reverb sounds.
DI Output and Feedback Killer
The AD-2 features two independent outputs for performance flexibility. Connect the Output jack to your acoustic guitar amp or stage monitor, and use the Line Out to send a balanced signal direct to the PA mixer. It’s even possible to turn off the Ambience effect in the Line Out signal, giving the PA engineer the flexibility to add their own reverb at the board. And if you encounter any low-frequency feedback issues on stage, the AD-2’s notch filter has you covered. As soon as you hear that familiar rumble, just turn the Notch knob until it goes away. It’s that easy!